Stay & Play
*Stay & Play sessions have finished for the time being. We will be back again once we have secured further funding. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We are proud to present our SEN ‘stay and play’ family support sessions. Held at the lovely Barn in Iwade (nr Sittingnourne), these sessions are free to families with preschool aged children.
- Sessions with at least two family support workers. 1 of which is a qualified teacher with considerable SEN experience.
- Open to families of children with SEN. They do not need to be diagnosed Autistic but have autistic traits either self-identified or by other professionals involved with the family.
- Each session runs for 1 and ½ hours – to include refreshments for parents and children (allergies will have been considered)
- Provides a calm, relaxed and supportive environment for all!
- For families to come to a non-judgemental relaxed environment to spend quality time interacting with their child, without worrying about others not understanding their child’s needs
- To build relationships with other SEN families, as through personal experience we all know how isolating life can be with an autistic child
- For The Autism Apprentice Support workers to provide any immediate but generic support e.g. around sleep or eating and offer individual support at a later date (virtual appointments)
- Appropriate activities for the children (needs considered) e.g. messy play, water play, sensory play will be available each session
- Have useful resources/tools to share with parents e.g. visual timetable, now and next board, weighted blanket, ear defenders etc – kind of like a ‘try before you buy’